Monday, October 26, 2009

a couple more beers, a couple more collectables

In a true test of self restraint, I've been saving each and every good beer I've been buying over the past week for this weekend, when I'll have some guests in from out of town. On my last purchase, I picked up another 4 pack of Ten Fidy, another 4 pack of dogfish head punkin', a bottle of 2009 bourbon county stout (in an attractive bomber this year!), and two fresh pliny the elders. It's been about a week since I've had any craft beer. It's been pretty tough, but I've been getting by on ultra-cheap malt liquor in the mean time.

Not only do I need to put away some good beer for the weekend, but next tuesday is Abyss day. Then two weeks after that, it's the 2009 hair of the dog dock sale.

That's a lot of money to spend.

I'm definitely going to pick up a god share of abyss this year. I never buy enough. Somehow, I've managed to hold onto one from last year. Not because there weren't times I really wanted one, but because it was too pretty to have on the shelf. Not this year.

The Hair of the Dog sale should be great this year. All the usual suspects will be there, but in addition to Fred from the wood, Cherry Adam, doggie claws, blue dot, etc... there's going to be a new beer. Michael. A flanders red, brewed two years ago, and aged in sherry barrels ever since. Should be fantastic, and I hope to get as much of each as I have the money to spend.

In other news, yesterday, on my walk home from the store, I stopped in an antique store, where I found a very old lucky lager sign that I had to have. Then today, on a buying run for the store, I picked up an awesome old strohs sign. I still have to replace the bulbs, and repair the cord, but it looks like when it's functional, the mirror finish that it has now goes opaque to reveal a 3-d prism effect from behind the glass. Should be neat all together. I also got a large lowenbrau clay mas krug, a set of three lindemans lambic flutes, an old michelobe glass, and a big erdinger hefeweiss glass. All in all, a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment