Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Man Cave Book.

A little over a year ago, I got an email from a guy named Jeff Wilser who was writing a book about "man caves". He wanted to interview me about my beer cave, and asked for a few photos to use in the book. I answered a round of questions, and several follow-ups, submitted photos, took and submitted additional photos by request, and then ultimately forgot all about it until today.

I vaguely recalled the planned release date to be sometime this month, so I looked into it, and sure enough, it's set to be released April 19th. I have no idea what, if anything, from the interviews and submissions of mine made it past the editors for inclusion into the final print version, but it would be neat to see it immortalized in a book.

Anyway, for anyone who might be interested in seeing the lengths that some men go to create a comfortable place to retreat to with their buddies, this book should be pretty sweet. I know I take pride in the time I put into my place, and all the great old beer stuff I've collected, but it's amateur hour at my house compared to some of the stuff I've seen from my more financially-fortunate brother "cave men".

Currently, the book is available for about 50% off if you pre-order it on Amazon.


(Here's a photo of the cave I built.)

Sadly, there's another part of this story. Circumstances have brought an end to the tenancy of my beer collection in the garage in which it currently resides. Over the next few days, everything is getting boxed up, and I'll be on the hunt for a new place to set up shop. It's the end of an era, but like the phoenix, I have faith that it will rise from the ashes bigger and better than ever before.

EDIT: Jeff Wilser saw a tweet I made about this post, and retweeted it saying "Yep, your garage made it. Congrats." So there you have it!

EDIT 2: Just received this:


1 comment:

  1. What are your thoughts on mixing different brands and they're merchandise? I think the differences can tie a man cave together. I am currently working on a 1966 Batmobile replicar for the ultimate bat cave man cave.

    ReplyDelete