Monday, August 31, 2009

bottle craft, new beers


Yesterday I spent the day teaching myself how to cut open glass bottles. I'm starting to get the hang of it. I have all sorts of projects I'd like to construct now that I possess this new skill, but for now, I've started simple with one of my practice bottles and just cut the top off, polished the edges, and called it a planter. The best bottles to work with are going to be the ones with screen printed labels because they'll hold up to the elements (and dish washers) for a long time. That leaves me with bottles like rogue, stone, alesmith, hub, st. bernardus, red stripe, corona, etc... I can't wait to see some of these projects through.

Last night I went over to Belmont Station, and had a Cascade Old Yeller and an Upright Seven. Both were fantastic. I was particularly fond of the cascade beer. They keep cranking out fantastic sours.

No comments:

Post a Comment