Thursday, November 19, 2009

new beers!

This has been a good week for new beers. In addition to the things I tried at the hair of the dog dock sale, I was fortunate enough to have a friend bring me back some treats from the east coast, as well as have a trade come up from California.

From back east, I picked up a founders breakfast stout, a B.O.R.I.S the crusher, a dragon's milk stout, and a Flying Fish Exit series oyster stout. I'm saving the oyster stout for a bit, but the other three were delicious, with the founders really standing out as the cream of the crop. The same friend is returning to the east coast later this year, and I'm hoping he'll return with the barrel aged B.O.R.I.S., some kentucky breakfast stout, and maybe some Ithaca Brute. We'll see!

From down south, a guy I met on beeradvocate brought me a bottle of Cuvee de Tomme in exchange for some bottles I picked up at the dock sale.

We met up at Deschute's, and ended up going out again the next day; where we started at the Horsebrass, (and had dogfish head life and limb, along with life and limb glazed ham, life and limb sweet potato puree, life and limb braised vegetables, and life and limb pecan pie). I also had a caldera oktober festbier, and the guys had Ninkasi Tricerahops on cask. Then we went to the green dragon, where we tried the new green dragon beer, dark dragon, as well as the watery flanders red from new belgium and elysian, the trip III. From there, it was over to Lucky Lab, for a pitcher of Super Dog, before heading home.

Another great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment