Saturday, March 27, 2010

farewell to lowenbrau



I remember reading a few months ago that AB-Inbev had decided to discontinue distributing a couple of their beers to the US, including Lowenbrau, Leffe Brown, and Tennent's. I had forgotten about the change until talking to a friend with a bar last night. He mentioned that his distributor told him it was time to make his final order of Lowenbrau. Admittedly, the last time I can remember drinking any of those beers was when I had a couple from the Lowenbrau brewery when I was in Munich (nearly a year ago now), so it's not like it's going to change my drinking habits much. Still, it's kind of sad to see such an iconic brand disappear from our shelves.

Time to pick up a sixer for old time's sake!



(sadly, the only photo I managed to take inside the lowenbrau brewery, and it's primarily of a glass of water...)

No comments:

Post a Comment