Friday, April 2, 2010

hopworks


I stopped by hopworks today because I had read that the new Gigabit IPA would be available to check out, and because the ancho chicken sandwich listed in their latest newsletter sounded really good.

I stopped by after work and it was PACKED. I had to stand in the bar for a good 20 minutes or more and aggressively swoop in on a freshly vacated stool to secure my place at the bar. Once I did, I ordered the sandwich and eventually made my way through a gigabit, an ace of spades, and a galactic imperial red.

The ace of spades was pretty great as always, and the galactic red exceeded my expectations, and probably took my top prize for the night. I thought the Gigabit was delicious, although not dissimilar from my recollection of their crosstown pale. I wish I had taken a sample of the pale to compare it too. The hops were delicious and prominent, but the malty backbone that everything else was built on really defined this beer.

The chicken sandwich was among the best meals I've ever ordered at hopworks, and I hope it becomes a regular option.

Before I left, I picked up a neat collectible for the beer cave. I think I have every bottle Hopworks has put out at this point, including the bike beer and the secession with the flag of cascadia still intact. I look forward to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment