Tuesday, July 27, 2010

burnside brewing

Since I'm a neighbor of the future Burnside Brewing Company, I got a letter in the mail from the city today regarding the application for the liquor license over there. It offered a few details about what the business is going to look like, and although it revealed absolutely nothing shocking or unexpected, it further fueled my excitement over the new brewery that's opening a stone's throw from where I spend most of my days. Here are a few stats:

Type of menu: Full Dinner
Size of Service Area: 1,600 sq. ft.
Restaurant Seating Capacity: about 70
Lounge Seating Capacity: 12
Will you have outside/patio seating: Yes
Outside seating capacity: about 12
How late will you have outside seating: 12:00 am
Type: Picnic Tables
How many off-street parking spaces: 18
Hours of Operation: 3:00-12:00 - 7 days a week
Type of entertainment: live music
Games: Darts/Shuffleboard
Pool tables: none
Video Poker: none

I noticed a few food carts have moved into the building's parking lot right now, and I've heard of at least one more that's planning on opening over there later this summer. I'm not sure if they'll be staying in the lot after the brewery opens, or if it's just a temporary thing while the space is being built out, but it would be pretty neat if they ended up working out an arrangement like Prost has on Mississippi - anchoring a food cart pod. One of the carts looks really good, but I have yet to try it. It's called Slow and Low, and it serves a variety of pork based meals. I'm not sure what the second cart is yet, but the third that's planning to open soon is an ice cream truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment